Friday, October 25, 2013

Blog of My Life

This is a blog of my life.  Today I'm remembering the horrific details of my mother's last year of her life.  She lived in a nursing home here in Newport Beach, California, Sunbridge, owned by Sun Heatlhcare Group Inc.  She was in a two bed room with various roommates in varying conditions but was happy watching her tv while blind in the left side of each eye from a large stroke she suffered in 1996. So she only noticed what happened on the right side of the room.  Therefore I sat next to her on the right side which so happened to be over the vent of the HVAC system.  That system was condemned when Dolores Otting noticed it's filth in May, 2003.  An air test was conducted and SUN told us it was fine.  But how strange that both Dolores and I ended up with cancer within a few short years.  Sadly Dolores died last year of Brain cancer.  I was lucky to survive a precancerous pancreatic tumor in 2006.  Did anyone ever test the actual filth in the basement?

Mom didn't have much pain, she was lucky in that regard.  However in the end she died when her heart failed and I'm certain that was painful for her.  I don't dwell on this but I do wonder why Sun Healthcare was never held legally liable for all the deaths I witnessed in 2003.  And I resent Sun put her through hell in that she had to visit the ER so often and have tests at the local hospital after so many strokes they caused that led to her death.  And MRSA they obviously caused which also led to her death.  It was awful to see them force feed her to the degree she'd cough and choke.  They were simply horrible people who hired non english speaking staff to save money so that the CEO could profit.

Hoping the country will benefit from recent changes in CEO's salaries -they no longer can be so ludicrously high and must meet certain standards now.

Rick Matros went on to leave Sun Healthcare and become not only a movie producer but a real estate mogul.  His salary can be as high as his profits.  Unless he wants to cheat some actors out of a profit.  ha

More later..........

No comments:

Post a Comment